Seven day studio access that includes use of equipment during opening hours, a studio induction, and basic materials.
Members are required to undertake an induction before the start of their membership. This hour-long session will provide an introduction to the studio, a health and safety briefing, and consultation tailored to your plans for using the space. Memberships allow you to work independently, with expert help on hand, but do not include training. To learn how to use equipment or to refresh your knowledge, please contact email@example.com to receive more information about our workshops.
Equipment & Consumables
- Vandercook SP15 (x2), Vandercook No.4 (x2), Galley proofing press (x2), Adana 8 x 5 (x2) and a 1945 Crown Columbian press;
- RISO SF5350 with the colours aqua, fluorescent pink, sunflower, black, and bright red;
- lino tools, including bench hooks and cutters;
- Kobo 338 hot foiler with a 8 x 5 inch printing area;
- 70 cases of metal type and 115 cases of wood type;
- book binding kits;
- IDEAL 6550-95EP guillotine;
- a large FAG light box;
- and a library of reference books.
Free consumables include a full range of Pantone inks, foil for hot foiling, proofing paper, newsprint, cleaning materials (white spirit, gloves and rags), linen thread, and RISO masters.
For more information and to arrange a tour of the facilities with a member of staff at Thin Ice Press: York Centre for Print, email firstname.lastname@example.org.